Mozilla is one of those browser which has many benefits. It offers wide variety of customizable features via extensions like themes & other toolbar options. But sometime due to threats or malware attack you may run into situation. Some pesky program which is created by online criminals for their own specific monetry purpose. It often sneaks into the targeted computer without users permission and approval. This can infect all the most used and famous web browser like Mozilla to track the victim’s online activity and other personal stuffs for vicious purpose use. It normally inject on browser as Add-ons which you need to delete quickly in order to keep the browser and system safe & clean.
However, if users are well skilled and have great technical knowledge with precious time then they can go for unwanted extension manual removal instructions as follows as given:
Manual Method To Remove Unused Extension From Mozilla Firefox:
Manual Process To Remove Extensions & Themes On Mozilla:
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox & go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Choose Extensions for Firefox toolbar and then close the window.
3. Now press on the magnifying glass search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines.
4. Select Extension & themes from the list and then press on “Remove” to delete it successfully.
5. Go to Tools → Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
Reset Your Mozilla Firefox:
1. Start Mozilla Firefox-> Select the orange Firefox button->Go to the “Help” Menu-> Choose the “Troubleshooting Information”.
3. Select Reset Firefox
4. Lastly, Press on Confirm Reset Firefox.
Easy Manual Steps To Disable Plugins On Mozilla:
1. Choose the “Menu” button and select the “Add-ons”
2. After that, select “Plugins” Panel->Now, choose all plugins to disable them.
4. At last select “Never Activate” from drop-down menu.
Delete Firefox Preference Files – Manual Guidelines:
1. Go to the “Menu” button, select help & choose “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. Now, Under Application Basic section, Click on “open Directory”.
3. Choose Menu button and click Exit.
4. Now, Locate and delete suspicious file, now close profile and Open Firefox.
Restore Your Mozilla Firefox:
If users have proper backup then they can also restore Mozilla Firefox default settings. But without backup they can lose their precious data or saved password, login details etc. So, considering the above fact if you have complete backup then go through following steps:
1. Now, Open the Troubleshooting Information page.
2. Click on “Refresh Firefox…” option
3. Finally restart the Firefox Browser.
Aside from, if you have no backup then you should firstly go for backing up and then to restore Mozilla Firefox. Follow the below process:
Step1. Go to troubleshooting information page.
Step2. Open profile folder & click on “show Folder” option
Step3. Start backing up by clicking on “Copy”
Step4. Now, restore the profile content from backup folder-> Using “run” cmd restore the profile content to new installation of Firefox browser.
(hold the Win+R on keyboard together – open Run Window-> Enter in “firefox.exe -profile Manager” to open profile Manager.)
Strong Privacy and security settings on Mozilla:
In Mozilla Firefox- block the threat and enable protection:
Firefox version, they are or try to visit the phishing content page, it is possible to alert user during including a malware site, protection from phishing and malware, a virus infection on the active computer system it has a built functionality as designed to drop. If you want to safely keep your favorite Mozilla browser, and therefore, you should follow the guidelines, as follows:
1. First, you are, you need to start the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. In the top menu, open the menu from the list and click the selected Options.
3. Now, select the security, put a check mark in the following specified options:
- When a site tries to install an add-on, warning me
- Block has reported the attack site
- Block reported a Web forgery
Thus, going through the above manual steps one can easily get one’s best & complete solution on Mozilla Firefox successfully.