Know How to Enable, Install and Manage Extensions for Safari
Enable Extensions Menu :
1. Launch Safari web browser and click on the Gear Settings icon at the upper right corner of the interface, followed by Show Menu Bar option.
2. Now go for the Advanced tab through Gear Settings icon then to Preferences and check out the Show Develop menu in the menu bar option.
3. Next navigate through the Develop menu and then to Enable Extensions.
Install Extensions :
1. First you need to find required extension compatible with your Safari browser. And, then click on it to start download.
2. Next you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog box where you have to click on Open or Save it.
3. Once you will click Open button it will automatically start installation after download completed. Before that you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog box asking to install or not. You should go for Install if you want to install the extension.
Manage Extensions :
Safari provides Extensions pane in order to manage and uninstall extensions. Here we have provided instructions for how to manage extensions in your web browser.
1. First of all, launch Safari and navigate through Gear Settings icon, followed by Preferences… option.
2. Further you have to go for Extensions tab from where you can enable/disable extensions, check for their updates, customize its settings and also uninstall them if needed.
Modify Privacy and Security Settings of Safari
Optimize Security Settings :
To make changes in security parameters of your browser you can navigate through Gear icon → Preferences… → Security Panel.
1. Enable Warning for Fraudulent Sites : You can do this by checking out the option Warn when visiting a fraudulent website next to Fraudulent sites section.
3. Block Pop-up Windows : These days pop-ups are also used to infect computers with Trojan and harmful links to infected websites. You can enable the Block pop-up windows option next to Web content in order to avoid such attacks.
Optimize Privacy Settings :
You can follow through Gear Settings icon to Preferences… and then to Privacy Panel to make modifications to privacy settings of your browser.
1. Clear Cookies : Cookies has been used by malicious threats to know about your online habits and other details. So to prevent this from happening its better to clean it time to time.
To do this you first need to click on Remove All Website Data… button next to Cookies and other website data.
Next in order to block Safari from storing cookies you may choose relevant options from the Block cookies section. You can also choose From third parties and advertisers option there to only block Safari from storing cookies from such sites.
2. Secure Location Services : Here you can enable the Prompt for each website once each day option next to Limit website access to location services to websites always have to take permission once a day to use your location for providing better services.
3. Website Tracking and Search Suggestions : Its better to check out the Ask websites not to track me option next to Website tracking and Prevent search engine from providing suggestions next to Web search to protect your privacy.
Set Your Default Search Engine and Homepage of Safari
For this you first have to navigate through Safari → Preferences… → General tab.
1. Default search engine : From this option you can set your default search engine of your preferences.
2. Homepage : Here you can either enter your desired homepage URL or may click on Set to Current Page button to make your current page to homepage.
Reset Safari Browser to Default Settings and Restore any Unwanted Changes
At some situations users may encounter with issues which might have messed up your Safari default settings and facing weird browsing behaviors. In such cases users can reset the browser to its default settings in order to restore any suspicious alterations.
1. Launch Safari and navigate from Gear Settings icon to Reset Safari… option.
2. Next you have to click on Reset button to restore the default settings of your browser. But before that you will have to tick out all of the options in the list you want to reset.