Depth Analysis on .AES256 file virus
.AES256 file virus is a nasty file-encrypting ransomware which has been reported by the security investigators. It uses strong AES-256 encryption algorithm in order to encrypt the files stored on an infected systems. The malware is based on the noxious Hidden Tear ransomware virus project which is available over the Internet for free. The computer users may see a ransom notification either asking PC users to contact an email ID in order to pay a hefty sum of ransom money in the form of Bitcoin which usually somewhere between $500 to $100.
Even though, the computer files can no longer be opened, the security analysts advise PC users not to pay a ransom fee because it is no guarantee of getting the vital system files back to normal stage. Also, machine users are highly advised to try eliminating .AES256 file virus by using credible anti-malware shield and recovering the system files with the help of backup copies or data recovery software.
Spreading Methods of .AES256 file virus
In order to infect the maximum number of computer users, this ransomware may use a huge spam-bot campaigns which includes a web list of email addresses and spread infectious message that may contain malicious web links or malicious email attachments. The harmful URLs related to .AES256 file virus or other nasty ransomware infection may be featured in the emails that are convincing the system users to click on them. Besides, the attached infectious files may be disguise as a Adobe Reader documents or Microsoft Office documents. The attached files may also appear to be legit documents, but the files may contain malicious macros.
Working Principles of .AES256 file virus
After the encryptor runs, .AES256 file virus may encrypt a variety of file extensions which usually in between 100 and 200. The ransomware primarily looks for Adobe documents, videos, pictures, audio files, Microsoft Office documents and other types of computer files associated with the installed programs that are used often. After that, the malware encrypts the infected PC files with a very strong AES-256 algorithm and append ‘.AES256’ file extension on each encrypted files and makes them completely unusable. After encrypting the computer files, .AES256 file virus may also execute malicious command in order to terminate all shadow copies and the file history from compromised PC.
Method To Remove .AES256 file virus from the infected PC
Step 1: Remove .AES256 file virus in Safe Mode from Command Prompt.
- You need to disconnect your system from the network connections.
- Press the Restart button and keep tapping F8 key continuously.
- Windows Advanced option menu will appear on the screen.
- From the list, you should choose “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and hit Enter key.
- To get full privilege, you should login from the Administrator in the system.
- Type “rstrui.exe” in the command prompt and press Enter key.
- Complete the system restore process by following the prompts which will appear on your screen.
Step 2: Delete .AES256 file virus in Safe Mode using MSConfig
- Restart your system.
- During the booting process, you need to click on F8 key. It will open Windows Advanced Options menu.
- Choose “Safe mode” option using the Arrow keys and press Enter.
- After starting the system, click on the Start button and type “msconfig” in the search box.
- Click on the Startup tab. Look for the suspicious files using rundll32.exe.
- Eg: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Users\username\appdata\local\temp\regepqzf.dll,H1N1
- Select the malicious entries related to .AES256 file virus and click on Disable button.
- Now, restart your PC.
Step 3: End fake process related to .AES256 file virus from the Task Manager
- Hold Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open the task manager.
- Click on Processes tab and look for the fake process which are related to .AES256 file virus.
- Select the unwanted process and finally click on End Process option.
Step 4: Remove .AES256 file virus From the Windows Registry Editor.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type “regedit” in the search box and hit Enter key.
- Select the fake entries which are related to .AES256 file virus and click on Remove button.
After following all these steps, you will be able to remove the presence of .AES256 file virus completely from the PC. But still if you detect any alert or ransom messages from the threat then you need to make use of powerful Windows Scanner.
If you have kept the backup copy of your important files, then you can format the PC and re-install the Windows operating system. It will delete all the files including .AES256 file virus. After this process, your computer will be empty and you can restore the files using the back up copy. But if you don’t have back up of your important documents then .AES256 file virus Scanner will be the best option for you. It will help you to remove the threat completely from the system.
If you get any trouble while using the software or removing the threats then you can Ask any question from the experts. They will provide instant support to solve your problems.