.enc file extension virus – Initial Analysis
Possibility of data recovery
Files encrypted by .enc file extension virus become corrupted means totally useless. Though if you try to access those files, you may receive response like 'file has been corrupted, couldn't be accessed' or 'you do not have permission to access the files'. In this care there are some free data recovery tools and premium data recovery tools as well which might help you to recover your corrupted files very easily. Because security experts say that .enc file extension virus variants do not delete Shadow Volume Copies of encrypted files and using Shadow Explorer or other data recovery tools, you data can be stored on your PC. Hence, instead of paying ransom to anonymous Hackers, we suggest you to use data recovery tool. More details about the tool is given in the Removal part of this article, kindly find it.
How does .enc file extension virus spread?
Suspicious emails – Hackers tend to send mass email campaigns filled with harmful attachments or links. You should know that it is an easier way to compromise your PC with .enc file extension ransomware. So, delete those emails instantly.
Exploit kits – your web browser may get redirected to a website-serving an exploit kit via drive by downloads, which will scan your PC for software vulnerabilities and use them to compromise the PC with this ransomware.
Malicious ads -Typically, such ads sponsor trojanised software updates or Windows critical updates that actually carry cryptomalware. Once you click on any of them, your PC gets injected with ransomware codes.
Therefore, we strongly suggest you to keep a multi-layered Security software installed on your PC. But right now, it is very important to remove .enc file extension virus from your PC in order to recover your data. Follow the instruction given below:
- Reboot PC in Safe Mode
- Terminate .enc file extension virus from Task Manager
- Uninstall .enc file extension virus from Control Panel
- Remove .enc file extension virus entries from Registry
- Delete .enc file extension virus from msconfig
Manual Steps To Delete .enc file extension virus from the PC:-
Reboot the infected PC in “Safe Mode”.
- Click on Start button and select Restart option to reboot the PC.
- During the booting process of the system, tap F8 key continuously.
- Windows Advanced Options menu will appear on the screen, choose “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
- Your PC will start in Safe Mode.
Terminate fake processes related to .enc file extension virus from Task Manager.
- Hold Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together.
- Task manager will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Processes tab, detect all the fake processes which are related to .enc file extension virus.
- Finally, Click on End Process button to close all the task.
Uninstall bogus programs related to .enc file extension virus from Control Panel of Windows 7.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel option.
- Under the Programs category, you need to select Uninstall a Program.
- Select the fake programs and click on Uninstall button.
Uninstall .enc file extension virus From Control Panel of Windows 8
- Click on the Search button which is available at right edge of the screen and type Control Panel.
- Go to Programs -> Uninstall a program.
- Select and uninstall all the bogus programs related to .enc file extension virus.
Delete .enc file extension virus From the Control Panel of Windows 10
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Click on Programs and Features option.
- Identify the bogus programs and click on Uninstall button.
Remove .enc file extension virus From Windows Registry Editor.
- Tap Windows + R keys together to open the Run command prompt.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click OK.
- Detect and remove all the fake entries related to .enc file extension virus.
Delete .enc file extension virus from msconfig.
- Open the Run box by pressing Win + R keys.
- Type “msconfig” in the box and hit Enter key.
- Click on the Startup tab, deselect all the entries which are related to unknown manufacturer.
These steps will help you to remove the impacts of .enc file extension virus from the PC. But still if you detect any of the symptoms of the threat then you need to make use of Windows Scanner. It is one of the best way to remove the il-effects of the threat permanently from the PC. You just need to download .enc file extension virus Scanner and perform full scanning. It will detect all the available threats in few minutes and remove them quickly.
If you have any query related to removal of harmful threats then you can ask your question from the experts. They will provide the best solution of your PC problems.